What's New at Crossfield Elementary
"Learn with Whoo"
Learning to read is our focus, Loving to read is our goal.
- Volunteers needed for our Breakfast For Learning Program
- Front Row Tickets to the Christmas Concert
- It's Getting Cold Out There....
- Hello families, This is a friendly reminder that all recesses will be outside. Please ensure your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather every day: coats, snow pants, boots, mittens and hats are an everyday necessity. It is starting to get quite cold outside, especially with the wind chill, and the students need proper clothing for their 15 minute and 25 minute recesses outside. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and mittens in the backpacks. Please make sure everything is labeled! All toques and mittens look the same to the teachers.
- Fireman's Christmas Hamper
- Dec 1 - Dec 22 Fireman’s Christmas Hamper, Crossfield - criteria for hamper as requested by the Fire Dept: - no toiletries - non- perishable food items - please check expiry dates (no expired food) - toys which are new and in their package - any stuffies require the tag(s) to be attached
- CES Christmas Concert Dates-Crossfield Community Centre
- December 20, 2016: Kindergarten-Grade 2 - 1:30 pm Dress Rehearsal, 7:00 pm Concert December 21, 2016: Grade 3-Grade 5 - 1:30 pm Dress Rehearsal, 7:00 pm Concert
- CES Movie Night-December 14 @ 6:30 pm
- The following is a note from our school council volunteer coordinators: “All aboard the Polar Express for a spectacular movie night at Crossfield Elementary School!" Please click on the link for more information.
- Operation Christmas Child
- Please click on the title for further information.
- Ward Boundary Review
- Participate in the Board of Trustees' Ward Boundary Review Survey before December 9, 2016.
- Wee Read!
- Crossfield Elementary School is looking forward to starting up our volunteer literacy program.
- Online Provincial Curriculum Survey
- These are exciting times in Alberta as we move forward in developing new Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) provincial curriculum. Alberta Education is developing curriculum simultaneously in English and French in the six subject areas of Language Arts (English, Français and French), Mathematics, Social Studies, Sciences, Arts, and Wellness education.
- Book Fair
- October 17-21, 2016 It is almost time for our first Scholastic Book Fair of the year and it is a BOOKANEER Book Fair so get your pirate hat ready!
- Links for School Fee Rebate and/or Waiver
- School fees are now available for payment on line. If you have 3 or more children in Rocky View Schools, you may be eligible for a rebate. If you receive the GST rebate you may apply for the fee waiver. Please click on the title to access links.
- Library News
- Welcome Back to the Library & Book Fair Information
- School Cash
- Many thanks to everyone who has already taken advantage of the “School Cash” app to pay school fees! Did you know that the system can also be used to pay for hot lunches and field trips? You can sign in at https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com/ and please let us know if you have any trouble.
- Student Registration 2016-2017
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Application
- 2 Sided Document Application: - Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Application - Annual Statutory Declaration Form - Volunteers