What's New at Crossfield Elementary
"Learn with Whoo"
Learning to read is our focus, Loving to read is our goal.
- Online Provincial Curriculum Survey
- These are exciting times in Alberta as we move forward in developing new Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) provincial curriculum. Alberta Education is developing curriculum simultaneously in English and French in the six subject areas of Language Arts (English, Français and French), Mathematics, Social Studies, Sciences, Arts, and Wellness education.
- Remembrance Day
- Crossfield Elementary Students will be recognizing Remembrance Day at our ceremony this November 10 starting at 11:10 at the W.G. Murdoch gym. All parents and community members are welcome to attend as well. The week prior to our Remembrance Day ceremony the school will have a bin set out for donations to the food bank.
- Hazel Hutchins
- We are excited to let you know that we have booked Hazel Hutchins to come visit our school. She will be here Thursday, November 3rd. She will have 1 hour sessions with all of our students. Hazel draws students into the world of a writer with short, dramatic readings from her books and by telling lively incidents about how she became an author.
- Book Fair
- October 17-21, 2016 It is almost time for our first Scholastic Book Fair of the year and it is a BOOKANEER Book Fair so get your pirate hat ready!
- Links for School Fee Rebate and/or Waiver
- School fees are now available for payment on line. If you have 3 or more children in Rocky View Schools, you may be eligible for a rebate. If you receive the GST rebate you may apply for the fee waiver. Please click on the title to access links.
- School Pictures on October 18, 2016
- You will be receiving information from your child's homeroom teacher :)
- 3 Way Conferences October 19 & 20, 2016
- Opening for bookings beginning October 5, 2016
- Library News
- Welcome Back to the Library & Book Fair Information
- School Cash
- Many thanks to everyone who has already taken advantage of the “School Cash” app to pay school fees! Did you know that the system can also be used to pay for hot lunches and field trips? You can sign in at https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com/ and please let us know if you have any trouble.
- Terry Fox Run Results
- We had a wonderful run on Monday along with the staff and students from WGM school! We would also like to extend out thanks to the leadership class students for sponsoring a refreshment table of juice and freezies for all the runners! Our final tally $836.41 and 100% participation of all staff and students! We were also delighted to welcome Mr. John Wark who is Terry Fox’s uncle to speak to our students that afternoon. Mr. Wark’s comments were moving and well received by our students.
- Meet the Teacher - Open House
- August 31, 2016 from 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. All are welcome to the school to meet their child's teacher. Lists will posted in the hallway for classes. We're looking forward to seeing you!
- Things to Know For September
- - Please click on your child's grade page to see what school supplies are required for the 2016-2017 School Year. - Bell Times have changed for 2016-2017 school year and can be found in the Quick Links section to the right of this page. Start and end times have remained the same. - Click on the Staff Link for your information.
- See you in September!
- Classes for students resume September 1. Thank you to all of the students, parents and staff who worked together to finish off another fantastic year at Rocky View Schools! Have a safe and relaxing summer with friends and family!
- Student Registration 2016-2017
- Lost & Found
- Lost and Found items that have not been claimed, have been donated to a worthy cause.
- Food Bank Drive
- The Airdrie Food Bank helps provide food and snacks that help to support our various healthy eating programs as well as supporting the fireman’s hamper program. In June we raised 5 boxes and 2 large garbage bags to give back to the Airdrie Food Bank. Thank you Crossfield Elementary School!
- Welcome to Kindergarten
- Thank you to all who joined us for a fun day with our future students!!
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Application
- 2 Sided Document Application: - Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Application - Annual Statutory Declaration Form - Volunteers