What's New at Crossfield Elementary
"Learn with Whoo"
Learning to read is our focus, Loving to read is our goal.
- Alberta Education Survey
- French Winter Festival
- Our Grade 4 and 5 students are going to participate in a French Winter Festival held at our school on Thursday, March 2nd from 9:00 - 12:00. If your child is in grade 4 or 5 and you are able to volunteer for this awesome event, please email your classroom teacher to let them know that you are interested and available! Thank you!
- Wee Read
- Volunteers needed: Wee Reads will be starting a second round and we are looking for interested volunteers! This is a volunteer reading program with our kindergarten and grade 1 students. It is once a week for 30 minutes and the program lasts 8 weeks. Training is provided for anyone interested! It is such a great program and so important for our little ones - please contact Sarah Morrison at the school if you are interested!
- Kindergarten Registration
- Please note: A payment of $25 by cash or cheque is required at the time of registration. As well, a copy of the child's birth certificate is mandatory. Payment may be made through School Cash https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com ; a receipt that this payment has been made will be required at the time of registration. A note for all families with children who will be starting kindergarten next year: registration will commence the 16th of January. This year we will not be doing a “first come, first served” system but instead will do a lottery to determine precedence for choice of AM or PM programming (only if needed, this year we did not run afternoon programs.) All families will draw a number from 1-100 and once registration is closed, the school will draw one number which will act as the starting point for registration priority. So, if the schools draws the number ‘32’ then whoever had number 32 will get first choice, then number 33 and so on. Further information on this process is available by calling the office at 403-946-5696 or coming into the school. Our placement draw will be made January 30, 2017
- Student Registration 2017-2018
- Volunteers needed for our Breakfast For Learning Program
- Online Provincial Curriculum Survey
- These are exciting times in Alberta as we move forward in developing new Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) provincial curriculum. Alberta Education is developing curriculum simultaneously in English and French in the six subject areas of Language Arts (English, Français and French), Mathematics, Social Studies, Sciences, Arts, and Wellness education.
- Links for School Fee Rebate and/or Waiver
- School fees are now available for payment on line. If you have 3 or more children in Rocky View Schools, you may be eligible for a rebate. If you receive the GST rebate you may apply for the fee waiver. Please click on the title to access links.
- Library News
- Welcome Back to the Library & Book Fair Information
- School Cash
- Many thanks to everyone who has already taken advantage of the “School Cash” app to pay school fees! Did you know that the system can also be used to pay for hot lunches and field trips? You can sign in at https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com/ and please let us know if you have any trouble.
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Application
- 2 Sided Document Application: - Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Application - Annual Statutory Declaration Form - Volunteers