What's New at Crossfield Elementary
"Learn with Whoo"
Learning to read is our focus, Loving to read is our goal.
- Kindergarten Registration
- Please note: A payment of $25 by cash or cheque is required at the time of registration. As well, a copy of the child's birth certificate is mandatory. Payment may be made through School Cash https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com ; a receipt that this payment has been made will be required at the time of registration. A note for all families with children who will be starting kindergarten next year: registration will commence the 16th of January. This year we will not be doing a “first come, first served” system but instead will do a lottery to determine precedence for choice of AM or PM programming (only if needed, this year we did not run afternoon programs.) All families will draw a number from 1-100 and once registration is closed, the school will draw one number which will act as the starting point for registration priority. So, if the schools draws the number ‘32’ then whoever had number 32 will get first choice, then number 33 and so on. Further information on this process is available by calling the office at 403-946-5696 or coming into the school. Our placement draw will be made January 30, 2017
- Crossfield Soccer Association
- Special AGM January 10, 2017 at the Community Hall @ 7:00 p.m. *We need help or we may have to close the Association*
- Fire Fighter's Christmas Hamper
- With the totals now in, I’m delighted to report that the Crossfield Elementary School community raised $1097.00 on behalf of the annual Firefighter’s Christmas Hamper! In addition we sent over a dozen boxes of food, toys, clothes, and personal care items to help support the generous work being done by the Crossfield Fire Department. Many thanks to everyone who sent in donations; we really are blessed to live in such a compassionate and caring community!
- Christmas Concert Programs 2016
- Student Registration 2017-2018
- Volunteers needed for our Breakfast For Learning Program
- Front Row Tickets to the Christmas Concert
- It's Getting Cold Out There....
- Hello families, This is a friendly reminder that all recesses will be outside. Please ensure your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather every day: coats, snow pants, boots, mittens and hats are an everyday necessity. It is starting to get quite cold outside, especially with the wind chill, and the students need proper clothing for their 15 minute and 25 minute recesses outside. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and mittens in the backpacks. Please make sure everything is labeled! All toques and mittens look the same to the teachers.
- CES Christmas Concert Dates-Crossfield Community Centre
- December 20, 2016: Kindergarten-Grade 2 - 1:30 pm Dress Rehearsal, 7:00 pm Concert December 21, 2016: Grade 3-Grade 5 - 1:30 pm Dress Rehearsal, 7:00 pm Concert
- CES Movie Night-December 14 @ 6:30 pm
- The following is a note from our school council volunteer coordinators: “All aboard the Polar Express for a spectacular movie night at Crossfield Elementary School!" Please click on the link for more information.
- Operation Christmas Child
- Please click on the title for further information.
- Wee Read!
- Crossfield Elementary School is looking forward to starting up our volunteer literacy program.
- Online Provincial Curriculum Survey
- These are exciting times in Alberta as we move forward in developing new Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) provincial curriculum. Alberta Education is developing curriculum simultaneously in English and French in the six subject areas of Language Arts (English, Français and French), Mathematics, Social Studies, Sciences, Arts, and Wellness education.
- Book Fair
- October 17-21, 2016 It is almost time for our first Scholastic Book Fair of the year and it is a BOOKANEER Book Fair so get your pirate hat ready!
- Links for School Fee Rebate and/or Waiver
- School fees are now available for payment on line. If you have 3 or more children in Rocky View Schools, you may be eligible for a rebate. If you receive the GST rebate you may apply for the fee waiver. Please click on the title to access links.
- Library News
- Welcome Back to the Library & Book Fair Information
- School Cash
- Many thanks to everyone who has already taken advantage of the “School Cash” app to pay school fees! Did you know that the system can also be used to pay for hot lunches and field trips? You can sign in at https://rockyview.schoolcashonline.com/ and please let us know if you have any trouble.
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Application
- 2 Sided Document Application: - Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Application - Annual Statutory Declaration Form - Volunteers